Wednesday, October 23, 2013

ROSES Ever-Blooming!


Fall is blowing through

The hills of Kentucky

With a nip of winter

Biting

The winds whipping

The water white-capping

The skies grey

With a looming night

Even though it is morning

A day breaking

That never quite OPENS

Sipping coffee all day long

The caffeine can’t give us lift off

Letting the warmth companion us

Even in our perpetual slumber

Never quite waking up

Yesterday afternoon

I arrived to glorious skies

Shining brightly

Clear blue

Picturesque

The sun bursting

With rings of yellow gold

I sat on top of the houseboat

Soaking it in

Feeling the vultures high above me

Dance

In the depths of my belly

SO ALIVE!

Invigorated

Inspired

Bubbling

Flowing

Playing

Breath by breath

Until the sun went down

But

The gift of contrast

Taking us into various experiences

We would never wish for

That cause us to moan & groan

Longing for the Ideal

Trusting this Season

This Day

This moment

Is perfect

Doing what it does

Unfolding us

Ushering in more Life

Holding us in a Rest

Birthing Potentials

In the quiet

Cozy inside

Within our Self

Wrapped up in warmth

Blossoming

Even NOW

Even when we don’t

Feel it

Believing it looks

A certain way

Believing roses only bloom

In the Spring

In the Summer

Under certain conditions

But

This morning

As I pulled on my woolies

Layering up

For my run

OUT in the elements

Leaving the shelter

Willing to dance with the winds

Feeling FREE

Enjoying the cold

Splashing my face

Making my cheeks pink

Numbing my fingers

I pumped my fists

As my legs had an extra spring

Relaxed my shoulders

Settling in

Welcoming this adventure

Expecting nothing

Delighting in everything

Tuning in to what “is”

All that presented

In the direct experiences

Step by step by step

Exploring the country side

In this new Season

This new day

This new moment

In my life

Arriving at a favorite spot

The gates of a dairy farm

Time stood still

Shock & Awe filled me

Gasping with pleasure

Ahhhhh…

Smiling with all of Creation

Singing collectively

The song of soul

In perfect harmony

Magnificence greeted me:

ROSES Ever-Blooming!

I bowed to them

My heart shouting

THANK YOU!  THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Silently communing

Whispering:  Thank you!  Thank you!

MIRACULOUS!

I plunged my face

Into the rose bushes

Full of buds

Full of blossoms

Full of thorns

Smelling the fragrance

Scanning the textures of the petals

Sensing with all of me

ROSES Ever-blooming!

Within me

Within all

Within creation

Stopping to smell the roses

Pausing to recognize the beauty

Ever-blooming

No matter the Season

No matter the conditions

Enlivens us

Passion fueled

LOVE abiding

In this Sacred journey

WE ARE

Roses Ever-Blooming!

No comments:

Post a Comment