Saturday, November 23, 2013

LIGHT this DAY with YOU!


How can a string of LIGHTS

Hanging from a TREE

Make us so HAPPY?!

The HOLIDAYS

LIGHT this World

LOVE

PEACE

JOY

Reflecting from within US

GIFTS

DECORATIONS

PARTIES

FRIENDS

FAMILY

SURPRISES

SONGS

FOOD

COCKTAILS

HOT CHOCOLATE

SWEET TREATS

TRADITIONS

MOVIES

Shining through

EVER-present

The MAGIC of this Season

INVITES us

To remember

To Pause

To ENJOY Life

Celebrating

What was

What is

What will be

LIGHTing candles

We invoke the essence of who we are

LIGHTing the Christmas Tree

We feel our hearts burst

LIGHTing the STAR on top

We feel the truth ignite

We are LIGHTS

All of us

Even on the days we forget

In our ugliest moments

WE ARE LIGHTS

In human form

BEAUTY

Bursting

Shining

Expressing

JOY abounds

Taking us into

The MIRACLES

We are

Each of us

Without exception

LIFE

Flowing

SPARKLING

Mirrored

In the LIGHTS

So we might SEE

So we might REMEMBER

The HEAVEN we are

Breath by breath

Lighting the days

With US

Our HAPPY

Contagious

Healing

HEART to HEART

Our flame

Ignites

The flame in others

Dim

But

Never OUT

As long as life pulses

The LIGHT

Remains

And

When the light

Goes OUT

Our dance

Here

Ever-brief

Ever-fleeting

The SHINE from our LIGHTS

LIVES

In those

We have shared

Our

LOVE

PEACE

JOY

With

LIGHT this DAY with YOU!

And know

With all of your heart

This is ENOUGH

You are ENOUGH

SHARE your Self

GENEROUSLY

ALL day

Every day

No matter the Season

Follow your HAPPY

The TWINKLE in your EYES

Truth revealed

We are here for the JOY

Of LIVING!

 
The last few years, I have not celebrated the holidays.  In the wake of John’s death, it has been a process stepping into new traditions as I grounded in this lifetime.  But make no mistake, I have celebrated life every day at a depth I never have before.  Even in the darkest moments, the undeniable light within me infused by John’s light no longer contained in physical form held me in my shatteredness evidence of the miracle I am and that we all truly are.  I now laugh out loud saying If my happyass gets any happier, I just might burst!  as life continues to show me more joy than I ever knew was possible.  Following my happy stokes the fires, the light within me creating a life that I love fiercely without conditions.

The holiday season is here.  Wow!  I heard Christmas carols playing in Target last week and was like WTF?! giggling that a part of me thinks it is still summer and I can head to the houseboat and swim. But here I am grounding in new traditions exploring how I will LIGHT this season, making choices that stoke my sense of LOVE, PEACE & JOY! 

Yesterday, I bought my first turkey ever!  Yes, I did!  I was in Trader Joe’s bursting with excitement over the selection and purchase of my turkey.  My HAPPY was contagious as I shared with other shoppers that I was making my first turkey and how this filled me with a sense of adventure.  The clerk checking me out was thrilled for me and asked me to let her know how it turns out and assured me that the turkey would be the best ever because it will be prepared with such love.  My heart was so damn full spilling over into the world.  I texted a friend a photo of the turkey in my cart saying my happyass was doing a happy dance shaking my turkey tail feathers in TJ’s.  She responded:  Lucky Trader Joes!  Laughing more and more, my light heart felt engaged with a sincere connection to all, to life.

Last night, I went to the Grand Ole Opry Hotel where they have it decked out for Christmas.  Truly magnificent!  My dear friend, Amanda, also known as Ms. Sparkles and I walked inside the hotel like little girls going to see Santa, anticipating the joy and wonder.  Ahhhhhing and Ohhhhing!   We took pictures by the enormous tree hugging each other up.  We strolled the grounds outside where we could smell the fires burning.  Hot chocolate and coffee were brewing and there was even a station to make your own S’mores.  Heavenly! 

Looking up at the magnificent lights, Amanda said innocently:  How can a string of lights hanging from a tree make us so HAPPY?!  Without hesitation, I said:  You just explained YOU, your story – the simple yet profound story of US, our human journey with that observation.  Being who we are, we LIGHT this world.  Our HAPPY makes others HAPPY!  These lights remind us of the LIGHT within each of us buried, dimmed but always there until our last breath.  There is nothing more important we do than remembering who we are so we can LIGHT this DAY with US, the essence of who we truly are. 

Day by day, I will continue to make choices that LIGHT up my heart this holiday season and intend to keep this party going all year round.  The invitation this day is LIGHT this DAY with YOU!  Don’t delay your HAPPY or make your HAPPY contingent upon certain conditions – everything going your way.  Follow your HAPPY.  Know that your sense of HAPPY is the truest generosity.  PURE goodness!  A HAPPY heart pours light into this world like nothing else can.  Never underestimate the power that lies within you.  You are a miracle!  Enter this day and all of your days standing in awe of the gift you are.         

No comments:

Post a Comment