Thursday, November 7, 2013

GREENER grass on the Other Side


The Saying:

The grass isn’t always GREENER

On the other side!

Warning us

A cautionary tale

Based on experiences of others

Who fail to see that even the discovery

That the grass wasn’t GREENER

Has served

Has enriched their life

As part of their soul’s journey

Necessary exploration

Not a cattle prod

To keep us FENCED IN

Corralled

Locked in familiar pastures

Creating barriers against LIVING

“The grass isn’t always GREENER…”

Well-intended advice

But FEAR based

Infusing us with doubt & worry

Over making the RIGHT choices

Instead of following our heart’s desires

Into THE NEXT

The MORE

Discovering

There are no RIGHT or WRONG choices

Only CHOICES

Taking us here and there

Into our Self

Into the World

TOUCHED by it all

Experiences

That simply cannot be taught

That we must LEARN

Through the living of life

Showing up for the dance

Come what may

Because even when what we expect to find

Behind door B

Isn’t as GREEN

Or SHINEY

Or PERFECT

As we had anticipated

Or

Wanted it to be

There is always another DOOR

Into MORE

Into the NEW

If we are willing to STAND

With ALL of us

In our POWER

And

CHOOSE

To OPEN

What’s Next?!

Seeing GREENER grass

Than we ever could have imagined

Standing in new pastures

In AWE

Sheer BLISS

That came to be

BELIEVING

With all of us

Ever-guided

Ever-inspired

Ever-connected

Ever-blossoming

Ever-expanding

KNOWING

Being present to it ALL

The various shades

Of GRASS

Is

Information

Leading us HOME

Again and again and again

Honoring our Self

LIVING our DREAMS awake

WORRY NOT

If the grass is greener on the other side

GO SEE!

GO SEE!!

GO SEE!!!

Go see for your Self

The only TRUE failure

Is failing to be TRUE to YOU

This is

YOUR life

YOUR grand adventure

Never settle for anything less

Than the LIFE you want

That makes YOU feel ALIVE

That nourishes YOUR SOUL

That expresses your truest Self.

I stood here in my condo, my 16th floor perch, looking out at the views that continue to take my breath away in the most delicious way.  The thought washed over me:  Ohhhhh!  The grass is much much GREENER than I ever knew it could be.  How could I have ever known on the other side of CRAZY, living through HELL, I would experience such rich pastures vibrating GREENER greens into my body, mind, heart and soul?!  And I now know with all of me, with every breath pulsing through me, there are even greener grasses to be revealed.  WOW!  How about them apples?!  So sweet.  So juicy. So yummy. So alive with possibility.

Grateful for the higher wisdom that lives within me, my soul guided me into these greener pastures.  Left to my human Self, I would have withered in the comforts of a life that was done, which had been lived; a dream realized that was essential to leading me here, which is absolutely a part of this new dream.  I would have borrowed the beliefs of others cautioning me, well-intended but that is their stuff.  They have their choices and I have mine.  And in the wake of my late-husband’s death, I know with complete certainty that this is my life.  I worry not if the grass will be greener on the other side; I must GO SEE for my Self because it feels damn good and because I would much rather be disappointed than not explore the offerings of this adventure. I can’t settle for anything less than the life I want, my heart’s desires that hatch the more, that makes me feel alive, that nourishes my soul and expresses my truest Self.   My soul will not let me betray the life I came here to live and I thank the heavens for this wiring!

The invitation this day is to GO SEE if the grass is greener on the other side!  And trust that if it isn’t the luscious green you so desire, you have the power of choice to open new doors and GO SEE!  Without ceasing, explore the more and know this isn’t discontentment; this is YOU living, honoring the call of your soul that wants to show you GREENER grass than you could ever possibly imagine.  GO SEE!  GO SEE!!  GO SEE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment