Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Signs! Signs! Everywhere are Signs...

Signs hang all over my home because WORDS are POWERFUL!
WORDS affirm us.  WORDS give us hope.  WORDS awaken us to truths.

My home is often described as whimsical which represents me:  quirky, imaginative, creative, original and highly unusual.  Signs hang all over my walls because I was born with an insatiable love affair with words.  Even the original art I am drawn to includes words woven in the canvass - legible and illegible.  My white basement walls are filled from ceiling to floor with inspired ideas and thoughts I felt compelled to write with a black pastel.  They feed me as much as a ray of sunshine.  And I need them the way I need air in order to breathe.

Here are some of the SIGNS:
  • HUMANITY:  If you planted hope today in any hopeless heart, if someone's burden was lighter because you did your part, if you caused a laugh that chased a tear away, if tonight your name is mentioned when someone kneels to pray, then your day was well spent.
  • I shall pass this way but once.  Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now for I shall not pass this way again. - William Penn
  • Kindness Matters.
  • Leap Fearlessly.
  • Company and fish smell after three days. - Thomas Jefferson
  • Just Be.
  • Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see. - Helen Keller
  • All I know of love is love is all there is - Emily Dickinson
  • Enter with a Happy Heart
  • What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson
  • There will never be another day just like this one...There will never be another human being just like you.
  • Count Your Blessings!
  • It's not a dress rehearsal:  Live the Life You've Imagined. - Thoreau
  • We don't remember days, we remember moments...
  • Be bold in the dreams you dream for your life!
  • Be gentle with yourself... 
  • I exist as I am.  That is enough. - Whitman
  • Your love is the miracle!
  • Be still.  I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details. - Einstein
  • Every ending is a new beginning...
  • Live the Passion.
  • Let Your Life Speak.
  • All You Need Is Love.
  • Nourish Your Soul.
  • It's All Good.
  • Miracles Happen.
  • Expect Miracles.
  • LIVE A GOOD LIFE...And in the end, it's no the years in a life, it's the life in the years. - Abraham Lincoln
  • Never Give Up!  The challenges of today teach us the lessons by which we live tomorrow...
Believe it or not, there are several more I could share but enough for now.  Pay attention to the signs, the words that speak to you that resonate with the depths of you.  Reflect on them and allow them to awaken dreams, potential and more life than you have ever known before.

P.S.  If you have ever longed to write on a wall, I HIGHLY recommend it.  It is so freeing...ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment