Sunday, December 15, 2013

Taking FLIGHT!


The HAWK

Came

Out of nowhere

To carry

ME

Into My Self

Taking FLIGHT

On the Winds

Of

TRUST

FAITH

GRACE

HOPE

LOVE

Miracles Unfold

This Sweetness

Like nothing else

I have tasted

What is this?

I ask

But

No words

Come

No way to language

This depth

Of FEELing

It must be

SOUL

The Wow!

Welcoming

ME

Again

“There YOU are!”

C’mon C’mon

Let’s go for a RIDE

PASSION nodding

Gently pushing

Whispering

“GO Ahead”

Giving me the green LIGHT

Only visible

With my INNER EYE

I Crossed the Bridge

Within My Self

Discovering

This MAGIC carpet

I climbed aboard

OH Joy!

Free FALLing

Into new Worlds

Oohing

Ahhing

Wide AWAKE

DREAMS

Past

Present

Future

Merging

ALIVE

Again

ALL at once

Colliding

A strange

Loneliness

Washes through me

MISSING

ALL that is greeting me

Soooo ELATED  

To connect

Again

With

What I now

KNOW

What I had

Ached for

Longed for

Since the beginning

Of ME

Of this incarnation

Of this lifetime

Taking FLIGHT

Once again

SURPRISE!  SURPRISE! SURPRISE!

Familiarity

In the

UNKNOWN

Comfort

In the

DISCOMFORT

Ease

In the

UNEASINESS

Using my Wings

Always there

MAGNIFICENT

Stretching

GLORIOUSLY

Stronger than I remembered

LIMITLESS

At Play

FREE

Mind, Body, Heart & Soul

Navigating

However far I wanna go

DISCOVERING

There is

MORE

Always MORE

Let go!

Let go!

Let go!

Taking FLIGHT

SOLO

Where only I Can GO

And

With Kindred Souls

Where we GO Together

MUSE Juju

Those

In Body

D

L & L

T

A & C

DF

S

AM

J & M

PEOPLE who DARE!

Those

In Spirit

Mary McGinley McHugh

Amelia Earhart

Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Eleanor Roosevelt

Virginia Woolf

Emily Dickinson

WOMEN who DARED!

John Threewits

Leo Budenz

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Henry David Thoreau

Albert Einstein

MEN who DARED!

Mirroring ME

The FORCE

Within

The POWER

Truth

UNTETHERED

Taking FLIGHT

HIIGHER

Than ever before

HIGHER

Than I knew possible

For the JOY

In DARING

In RISKING

In following my BLISS

In LIVING

This GRAND Adventure

And

ONE Day

My FINAL FLIGHT

Sitting on top of the Mountain

Perched above

Nestled on a Rock

The Hawk

Will come again

And

Taking FLIGHT

From this Body

Into

Spirit

Grateful

Awe-filled

For EVERY Flight

The crash landings

The flubbed take offs

ALL PERFECT!

To view life from the end creates a rich perspective allowing us to ground in knowing and trusting: It is ALL PERFECT – everything! that which we bless and that which we curse and that which we never wished to experience but there we are broken, on our bellies trying to find a way to stand again in a new life.  We make our flight plan and winds, unexpected conditions blow us off course and some storms knock us out of the skies crashing into the earth breaking us into a million pieces.  It happens to us all!  It is our collective story playing out differently, expressing distinctly in each of our lives.  Putting our Self back together – LOVE is the glue that fills the cracks and makes us whole again, showering our Self with compassion, nurturing our Self like a mama who LOVES fiercely, we discover we are far more than we knew before and tap into the limitlessness within that ushers us into the more that awaits.  Making corrections, adapting, navigating detours is a part of taking FLIGHT again and again and again in living this grand adventure we are here to experience on solo flights and shared flights with kindred souls we are privileged to journey with.    

I have imagined my final flight since my earliest memories:  I am an old woman of 93 who has LIVED, who has DARED, who showed up each day TAKING FLIGHT following my heart’s desires, risking, exploring for the sheer joy.  I am sitting on top of a mountain wrapped in an Indian blanket perched on a rock above the world that graced me with such a magnificent adventure, an experience that leaves me awe-filled and grateful – ALL PERFECT.  The hawk comes to carry me on my final flight from this body into spirit.  This final flight inspires my life in this moment and throughout my days as it holds the vision of loving this life fiercely come what may so when the journey ends, I can only hold my heart grateful for it all.

Just a few days ago while sitting wrapped in a blanket on my 16th floor balcony, my perch above Nashville, the hawk came out of nowhere and took me on a flight within my Self at a new depth showing me the strength of my wings that continue to carry me wherever I need to go in order to come alive living the passion that fuels me.  When I first saw the hawk, it took my breath – so wondrous! as our connection took me where I didn’t know I could go.  As I landed returning from this adventure, I giggled in delight over this trippy experience that mirrored my final flight in this modern world.  And I must say that I was grateful that it wasn’t my final flight as I look forward to the 50 more years that I will get to play here.

The invitation this day is to remember you are an unfolding miracle, breath by breath, a hologram of the universe, a living prayer, taking flight again and again and again into the more, into the unknown, exploring worlds within your Self and in this world.  Stand hand in hand with those who inspire you.  Look to those pioneers who forged paths and blazed trails that others could not see.  Draw on their courage that lies within you – yours for the taking – always!  Ask for their guidance as you take flight and have faith that they are with you.  Trust that even when the skies are turbulent they are showing you more of you, awakening you, reminding you that you are limitless, a soul embodied on this human adventure grand beyond measure even on the most shattering days when the sky falls.  One thing is certain:  New skies come!  And taking FLIGHT is what we are here to do until the final FLIGHT…    

No comments:

Post a Comment