Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pure PASSION!


We COME ALIVE

In the expression

Of our Truest Self

OUR Nature

What is Innate

Our Distinctive WIRING

Pure PASSION

An intrinsic RHYTHM

Ignited

We LIVE

We experience

Raw

Honest

Pure

Free

Wild

Untamed

Uncensored

A return to innocence

A Child

At play

SPONANEITY

A way of being

Open

Allowing

Saying what we mean

Meaning what we say

Doing what we feel

Feeling what we do

Swallowing what we like

Spitting out what we don’t

Plugging in to what FEEDS

Letting go of what dulls

Allowing the ELECTRICITY

Following our BLISS

Knowing JOY

Beyond concept

Vibrating in our bones

As we meet the days

ALL SYSTEMS GO!

With a sense of Adventure

Inspired

Our Spirit

Ever-FREE

EVER-guiding

Pure PASSION

Grounded

We stand here

Right HERE

Flowing with Life

The TRUTH

Of me

Of you

Of all

Unbridled

Untethered

FEELing

OUR way

From the depths

NOT swept away

By chaos

By drama

By fear

Willing

To LET GO!

Unleash

Unlearn

Stepping into our Self

KNOWing what we KNOW

Knowing there is MORE

Always MORE

To be known

The vast lands

Yet to be explored

Sacred territory

Within me

Within you

Within this world

My appetite

INSATIABLE

This is

Pure PASSION

Nourishing our Soul

In wonder

In curiosity

In daring

In setting sail

Again

And

Again

And

Again

LOVE

Bursting

Growing

FIERCE

Life flowing

WIDE OPEN

Nothing to prove

PASSION

Pouring

LIVING life

From TRUTH

Following the Heart’s Song

DREAMS

We weren’t taught

But here they ARE

Knocking

DREAM we must

BORN

Of pure PASSION

The Soul’s journey

Merged

With the human journey

Here we are

Arms OPEN WIDE

Centered in TRUTH

Our SPIRIT soaring

FREE

PURE Passion

Letting the gods

SPEAK through us

Through our very breath

Through our Presence

Through our Life

For my JOY

For your JOY

For our shared JOY

For THE JOY!

I am a child of pure passion!  You are a child of pure passion!  We are all children of the universe born of PURE PASSION.  We are.  I love saying that out loud and writing it just now energizes me so much that I have to shout out a Woohoo! and let the JOY echo from the depths of me out into the world.  I love the way that Truth vibrates through me engaging my Spirit ever-free ready for More!  More!  More!  this day and every single day. 

On Thanksgiving I told the story about being a little girl and telling people I was number 8 of the 8 McHugh’s; they would say to me:  You must have been a mistake!  And as a child who had never been taught a thing about passion (this was pre-cable TV J), I would say with conviction:  I am a child born of pure passion!  People would laugh at me, a little spitfire and this is all I needed to fuel this entertaining one-liner.  At this point in my life, I see the beauty of my ever-guiding soul that knows what it knows, bringing this Truth forward to hold me in higher wisdom AND as a defense mechanism to the views of the outside world.    
 
Passion is innate, an intrinsic rhythm that dances, claps and sings when we are fully engaged in life, joyfully expressing our truest Self.  Our distinctive wiring, the sacred map imprinted within each of us that calls us to plug our energy, our life force into the things we must because it makes us feel alive as nothing else does and to deny our Self this experience is to dull our senses, deaden our Self.  Passion nourishes our soul in the fulfilling of our destiny to know our Self, to live our truest life. 

I have watched the power of PASSION at work in my life, in the life of friends, family and strangers.  It is AWEsome!  It is INSPIRing!  Often, we fail to understand why?! others do what they must do because it makes no sense to us because we are judging their life and their choices through our wiring, through the lens in which we view the world.  It is painful to not have others we love understand us and support the choices we must make in order to be true to who we are, to free the PASSION.
 
A friend who just knew she was born to be a mom and felt like a childless mother in the world jumped through hoops and red tape and flew to the other side of the world in spite of her paralyzing fear of flying to bring her beloved daughter home.  She couldn’t explain why?! she knew her daughter was in the country she selected she just knew.  This is PASSION.  And no matter how challenged she is by motherhood, she can’t imagine NOT being a mom as it is her greatest joy.

When I wrote my book, Passing on Hope, I met with Karen who would become my editor.  She was editing technical manuals line by line with a fine tooth comb because she is brilliant and her eye for detail a gift.  Before our meeting, she asked me to email her 3 of my favorite essays.  Tear-filled, she told me how beautiful my words were and how she believed in my book and what I was doing; but she was concerned over her lack of experience in editing this kind of writing.  All I wanted to know was her heart was in it – her passion and my passion fueling this book.  She would say throughout our journey together that editing the manuals had paid her bills but working with me fed her soul.  This is PASSION.  There is an energetic difference in the flow of life when the well of passion is tapped.   

My friend, Lois Main Templeton began painting at 52 after her children were raised.  She tells that tale giggling like a school girl of standing outside of the art supply store mustering the courage to walk inside and buy her favorite color paint, magenta.  Now, at age 88, she has international representation and her paintings hang in museums.  This was never her plan she was simply following her bliss.  She has said to me:  Dearie, I am not good.  I could not paint a portrait of you.  But I sure am PASSIONATE!  The power of her passion bursts from her paintings into the depths of us stirring and moving us into secret rooms within ready to be opened.
 
Some live the passion inspiring us with their very presence, their bigass juju, their way of being and their genuine enthusiasm in living this grand adventure.  A dear friend with the gift of this vibration has more passion in his pinky than most of us mere mortals will ever taste.  This energy so vast can frighten and intimidate others who find it to be too much which can cause those with this awesome energy to attempt to reel it in, hold back, squelch it; but showing up each day simply being who he is, allowing all of him to come out and play infuses us with passion, reminds us all that we are here to come alive and awakens dormant energies, worlds within ready to sing.  He was born to inspire!  His passion freed touches our Spirit longing to be uncaged and go into the wild and explore the unknown.

The invitation this day is to remind your Self:  I am a child of pure passion!  I am a child of the universe born of pure passion.  Say this silently to your Self and out loud with gusto.  Sip in this truth!  Let it stir you.  Let it wash away residue, old beliefs, patterns and behaviors that no longer serve you and hold you hostage.  It is time to Let go! and REACH for MORE!  Follow your bliss and let it free the passion.  We are miracles – each of us a divine expression.  Your soul’s journey merged with this human journey, open your arms wide, centered in truth, connected to your spirit ever-soaring, let the gods speak through you – your very breath, your presence, your life so sacred beyond measure – for the JOY of it.  Your joy is what makes this life rich.        

No comments:

Post a Comment