Tuesday, March 4, 2014

What a WONDERFUL World!


I Scan

This WORLD

Within ME

Around ME

With

The EYES

Of

My SOUL

That

SEES

THE Truth

Clarity

Divine sight

What a WONDERFUL World

This IS

ABSOLUTELY

BEAUTYfull

Beyond measure

In the chaos

And

In the calm

The WONDERS

Of

This LIFE

Never Cease

To GRIP my HEART

In the

BEST

Way

DELIGHTING

Me

Filling me

With

AWE

Inviting me

To CELEBRATE

To DANCE

This day

Each day

Because

I CAN

Because

I AM

Alive

Because

I have been

GIVEN

This Gift

My LIFE

To FREE

The JOY

To follow

My BLISS

To UNLOCK

My Wandering

HEART

Ever-guiding

FIERCE

Leading ME

HOME

To my

Truest Self

And

Truest LIFE

SINGING

The SONG

Of LOVE

Hearing

The MAGNIFICENCE

Quieting

The CHATTER

The NOISE

That swoops

IN

Attempting

To KNOCK

Me OFF

My Center

GROUNDED

In my Spirit

I am

UNSHAKABLE

Seeing

This EXQUISITE

Work of ART

Me

YOU

Us

ALL LIFE

All of Creation

LIVING Poetry

LIVING Prayers

Living HOLOGRAMS

So Holy

WONDROUS

LOVELY

FIERCE

INFINITE

MIRACLES

STARS algow

Bursting

Through this day

Through this world

ONE DAY

We will be

No MORE

Our JOY ride

ENDS

I refuse to WAIT

Floating

Swirling

AROUND

This world

No longer in form

No longer human

To SEE

What a WONDERFUL WORLD

This IS

I CHOOSE

To SEE

Everything is a MIRACLE

EVERYTHING

Is Amazing Grace

And

I am a part

Of

EVERYTHING

Each of US

Connected

Dancing

Together

This SACRED Dance

Let’s clap

Let’s sing

Let’s celebrate

Let’s shout it OUT

All damn day

Come what may

From our SOULS

On FIRE

For LIVING

Passion fueled

LOVE launching

Breath

By

Breath

LIFTING

Our HEARTS

Taking

The HEART

Of the World

With US

Upward

Onward

HEAVEN

Right here

Right now

Ahhh…

WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD!

 
The song Wonderful World is a favorite of mine and Louis Armstrong’s version takes me on a journey into the center of my heart, this sacred space that connects me to the whole of humanity and all of Creation.  We often wait for wake up calls that come in the form of tragic events to stop and smell the roses seeing clearly what a wonderful world this is and what a privilege it is to be alive experiencing this human adventure filled with beauty if we dare to claim it.  We easily fall into commiserating instead of celebrating this life.  We participate in conversations all day long about how doom and gloom this world is focusing on all that we see as wrong or bad.  We place conditions delaying our joy believing the world will be wonderful when or if.  No need to deny the things that break your heart – go ahead and acknowledge the things you would love to change in the world and then say to yourself or aloud:  What a WONDERFUL world!  The changes within you stoking the love you are affects change in the whole of this world.  The greatest act of service is to create a life we absolutely love seeing the wonders, living in awe and gratitude day by day come what may – walking through life challenges even personal hells and feeling the heavens pouring through us.

Watching the Oscars this past Sunday night, the film The Lady in Number 6 won the award for the documentary category.  It was based on a true story about a magnificent woman, Alice Herz Sommer who was a 109 year old pianist that had survived the Holocaust.  I urge you to search the web for a youtube clip where you can experience her.  Her capacity for joy bursts from the depths of her and will awaken your spirit.  She saw the beauty in the day even when she was in the Nazi death camp.  Music freed her even as a prisoner.  When the producers of the film walked on stage to receive the Oscar, they shared that Helen had died last week at 110 years old quietly leaving this wonderful world.

The invitation this day is to remind yourself all day long What a WONDERFUL world this is!  Affirming this over and over as you wander through your life will bring the evidence of the wonders and beauty that exist without ceasing.  Find whatever it is that frees you from beliefs and attitudes that keep you from celebrating this sacred dance, enjoying this ride that is temporary, claiming this wondrous adventure and living the passion that spring eternal from your soul on fire longing to come alive more and more all your days.

No comments:

Post a Comment