Sunday, January 19, 2014

You're AWEsome!


Being AFFIRMED

Being SEEN

Being KNOWN

Being

ACKNOWLEDGED

Our BADass Self

Appreciated

By

Another

The BEAUTY

We ARE

Celebrated

Applauded

Admired

Respected

RECEIVING

The gift

The vibration

Of words

You’re AWEsome!

We FEEL

The POWER

Of LOVE

Springing

Connecting

Touching

US

HEART

To

HEART

Human

To

Human

SOUL

To

SOUL

Pausing

Stopping

In the midst

Of our busyness

The days

Jam-packed

Often LEAVing

US

Empty

Not a moment

FREE

Often Leaving

US

Caged

Detached

Disconnected

FRIED

From circuit

OVERLOAD

Seizing

The OPPORTUNITY

To SAY

What we

Truly

FEEL

But

Don’t always

VOICE

Our Spirit

Ever-FREE

LONGing

 To Express

ALL

That lies

WITHIN

Us

Divinely INspired

We make

A CHOICE

To follow

Our Heart’s desire

To

CONNECT

To

Our Self

And

Others

Through

Texts

Emails

Phone calls

FACE

To

FACE

Over coffee

Drinks

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

Making TIME

To nourish

Our Self

And

Others

In seemingly

SMALL

Ways

That are

Actually

BIG!

BIG!

BIG!

As nothing

Born of LOVE

Is

Small

Only

Our limited

Thinking

Our IDEAS

Forgetting

We MATTER

We are HERE

To connect

To come ALIVE

To LIVE Inspired

In the JOY

Of living

Dancing

With

Companions

Who Mirror

US

Who Delight

US

Who Lift

US

Who make Life

FUN

Who help Us

REMEMBER

Life is

AWEsome

Celebrating

With US

Side

By

Side

Whatever

The days

BRING

Daring

 To Say

JUST when we

NEED it

Most:

You’re AWESOME! 

Life is AWEsome!  Each of us is AWEsome.  I live in AWE appreciating all life, who I am, who you are.  I enter each day fully aware that all of creation is life uniquely expressing.  We are One Love, the Infinite at play – right here, right now.  The magnitude of our existence immeasurable!  It is such a privilege to be who I am and to witness you and all showing up each day come what may, living, doing, being as only you can.  Like snowflakes falling from the sky – no two of us are exactly the same but each of us is essential to the collective Beauty in this dance.  And our connection at various depths:  human to human, heart to heart, soul to soul nourishes us in ways that nothing else can.  Ohhhh…we are AWEsome! 

Last week, I received a text from my 26 year old nephew, Chad who is AWEsome!  He is hilarious with a smart wit and when he delivers his one-liners he has a laugh that echoes from his belly and takes me for a ride of pure joy.  He is recently engaged to his love, Colleen who also knows how to make fun a priority.  Chad is intense about whatever he is doing – working as a project manager or playing extra hard with friends.  Each of us is living our lives but we pick up where we left off when we get to connect as our love for each other simply is unshakeable. 

The text said:  I saw this and instantly thought of you so I wanted to pass it along!  Attached was the following:  If you are reading this, you have survived your entire life up until this point.  You have survived traumas, heartbreak, devastation, the different phases of life.  AND HERE YOU ARE.  You go, motherfu#%er.  YOU’RE AWESOME. 
 
Immediately, I began to weep as I was touched to my core.  Chad’s acknowledgement of me, who I am, seeing me, knowing me and appreciating me was AWEsome.  It is a reminder of the power of love alive within us all and when we dare to connect to each other, we experience the miracles we are and life is.  Nothing is small.  None of us is small.  And we all want to know we matter!

I replied:  OMG!!! I love you.  I am crying tears of appreciation and AWE for this badass muthafu#%in LIFE – all of it…Bring it ON!  Woofu%#inhoo!  Xoxo

The invitation this day is to be in AWE of who you are and the life you have lived and are living.  Be in awe of how unique you are and how you just being you touches the lives of all.  Your joy in living, living for the love of living is everything!  Find your way to appreciate your Self – the parts of you that are easy to love and the parts you want to wish away.  Loving your Self UP frees you from the grips of judgment, relentless criticism and perfectionism that strip the beauty YOU ARE.  I have come to know that the parts of me that I used to judge as the most fu#%ed UP are actually the best parts of me; and being in awe, holding all of me with reverence, I get to USE all of me every single day to come alive.  SEEing we are AWEsome allows us to see everyone is AWEsome.  And from this knowing, we embody the truth:  Life is AWEsome! which makes us rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment