Thursday, January 9, 2014

LAUGHTER: Divine Medicine!


FREEDOM

Echoes

Through our

LAUGHTER

Completely surrendered

In JOY

LIVING

For the

LOVE

Of

Living

Engaged

In PLAY

Vitality

SPRINGing

Through us

OUT

Into

The World

Our

HEART

Shared

Generously

HAPPINESS

Is Contagious

The

Sense

Of

DELIGHT

Our Pleasure

In dancing

This dance

Ignites

The FIRE

Catching

Spreading

SUNSHINE

Bantering

Jumping

Down

Rabbit Holes

OFF

Roading

EXPLORING

An Adventure

Of Thoughts

Ideas

EXPRESSING

What we never

Have before

FOLLOWING

New Trails

Going where

We have never gone

DARING

To Say

What comes

To Mind

FREEly

Speaking

No Fear

Chasing

The FUN

Amusing

Our Self

Recognizing

We are the BEST

Entertainment

In Town

SPONTANEITY

Words

POPPING

In the MOMENT

Connected

To our Self

To our

PLAYmates

CELEBRATING

Life

Allowing

The Silly

The Absurd

To Burst

From our Lips

Bellies Shaking

AWAKENING Us

Mind, Body, Heart & Soul

Tears pouring

Doubling over

Jumping around

SO FUN

Welcoming the Funny

No Holding Back

LIBERATING

The comedian

That lies

Within US

All

LAUGHING

All the Way

TOUCHing heaven

Ecstatitc

OH JOY!

The SWEETness

Tasted

LAUGHTER

The Nectar

Of the gods

ESSENTIAL

Making us

WHOLE

The ENERGY

Of Laughter

HEALING

MAGICAL

MYSTICAL

WONDROUS

INVITING

Shifting

Changing

US

Letting GO

Of Blocks

HEAVY juju

Dense

Stuck

Stale

The SONG

Of Beauty

TRUTH

Trumpeting

Whistling

PURE GOODNESS

Through Us

LAUGHTER

A HEALing Balm

Alchemizing

Keeping

Our HEARTS

Light

The fountain

Of YOUTH

Our Spirit

AGEless

TIMEless

Feeds OFF

Laughter

Nourishing

The SOUL

JOYful Living

Is Indeed

SOULful living

SPLASHING

Pink on our Cheeks

Making

EVERYTHING

GOOD

Even when

Nothing Seems

To be

Going our WAY

LOVEing Life

Revealed

Through

LAUGHTER

Beautifies

US

ALL

PERFECTION

Revealed

What was

Concealed

POOF!

We are

OPENED

Through

Laughter

ERRUPTING

Sheer Love

Sheer Joy

BLISS

Living POETRY

LAUGHTER

The most

Magnificent

Gift

LIGHTING

Us

This Moment

This Day

So we can

SEE

So we can

FEEL

Life is damn GOOD!

The freedom, the sense of aliveness that laughter brings is nothing less than the heavens bursting through us, the stars shooting from the depths of our soul out into the world, the sun shining gloriously through our eyes pouring into each person we connect with throughout our days.  A day without laughter is unimaginable to me!  I welcome laughter in the quiet moments alone all day long, understanding I am the best entertainment in town if I just look at my Self and observe my way of being in the world through the eyes of wonder and curiosity.  Often, I giggle when I see my morning face looking back at me in the mirror as I brush my teeth – my puffy eyes, my wild hair, the lines from my pillow indented across my face – I see a caricature of my Self wondering who is this woman staring back at me.  I delight in the thought of sending a Selfie out to the world Kardashian style with the caption:  WANTED!  The B-otch who stole my face.

Delighting in the unique thoughts that pop into our minds, we invite the laughter to echo through us even in the stillness of moments and this vibration liberates the vitality, the well of life ever-flowing and springing from the depths of us.  We are funny creatures if we dare to allow the silly and absurd, embracing what others poo-poo and try to diminish; those who have lost their sense of love in living, judging child’s play as a waste of time; falsely believing growing up means losing our sense of fun. 

One of my youngest friends who has lived 88 years on this earth is grounded in her ageless and timeless Spirit always takes me on a magic carpet ride as we giggle and laugh about anything and everything.  Her light heart sings the truest song:  It’s okay to be young and foolish!  I can remember when we first met 10 years ago, she would say to me over and over:  Why the scow dearie?  The tension I held in my face and in my body was so familiar, I had no awareness how dense and heavy I was carrying the weight of the world forgetting the joy in living.  Her freedom in laughter freed me and nourished my soul showing me the way home.  

The invitation this day is to welcome the laughter!  Discover your inner comedian and entertain yourself all day long.  Spend time with friends who will jump on the fun train spontaneously riding here and there – anywhere the winds blow you dancing freely together – thought by thought feeding and fueling each other.  Total permission to say whatever comes – ain’t no time to be offended just fun to be seized.  Feel your happy freed in the laughter – belly shaking and awakening you, the lovely tears streaming down your face, doubling over as your stomach spasms, wondering if you will pee your pants.  Laughter is divine medicine!  Laughter accompanies us in the celebration of this life for as long as it lasts.      

No comments:

Post a Comment