Thursday, January 24, 2013

It Aint Over Till It's Over...

When I was 10 years old and announced to my parents that I would be the next Jane Pauley (being the host of the Today Show, she was the most famous person I knew from Indianapolis), my dad told me I was a dreamer and dreamers don't go anywhere in life.  Even though he hurt my feelings with his harsh tone of voice and sucked the wind out of my sails, I didn't believe him. 

As a child, I was obsessed with reading biographies devouring one after another.  Reading the stories of people throughout history who experienced unfathomable struggle but persevered against all odds and reason reminded me of the potential within me.  They were kindred souls who cheered me on in spirit and filled me their energy of hope that remained long after their time here on earth.  And they still do.

Anna Mary Moses, known as "Grandma Moses" didn't begin painting until she was 77 years old.  When asked if she had never painted what she would have done, she answered with the highest sense of Self, "I would have raised chickens.  It's all art."  Now, that is wisdom.

Life is our art.  Our individual life is art uniquely expressing through us all our days here on earth.  We get to choose, moment by moment, day by day what we want to create.  Not all of us are here to paint masterpieces but the way we live our life is our own personal masterpiece. 

Dreams continue to unfold until our last breath.  Daring to explore our wants and desires, experimenting with and reflecting on our gifts and how we want to use them at various points in our life, and using our precious life force to see it come to fruition reminds us we are here to LIVE!...And it aint over till it's over.

Grandma Moses died at 101 years of age.  She didn't plan to die as we are culturally conditioned to do at certain stages in our lives; she planned to live for as long as it lasted.  And she did just that.

I am proud to be a DREAMER.  At 44, I feel a sense of surprise that comes from being open to my dreams and the art of living this grand adventure with wonder and awe.  There are dreams that I had delayed that were waiting for me to show up.  Every morning, I say:  Here I am.  And do what I must and allow the graces of the universe to do their part.  It will be fun to see all that comes through before my time here is no more.  After all, it aint over till it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment